Perisher Season Passes 2012
To yr 12
|EARLY BIRD Season Pass – Mountain Only
(purchase BEFORE 31 May)
|EARLY BIRD Season Pass – Including Skitube
(purchase BEFORE 31 May)
|Season Pass – Mountain Only
(purchase AFTER 31 May)
|Season Pass – Including Skitube
(purchase AFTER 31 May)
|Proof of age is required for all Student and Seniors passes. Students aged 15 to 17 years must provide an original letter of enrolment from school.|
Other Perisher Season Passes – Available All Season Long
4 Years & Under
|Season Pass – Mountain Only||33||142|
|Season Pass – Including Skitube**||33||267|
|Proof of age is required for all Child 4 & Under and Seniors passes. Birth certificates are required for Children 4 & Under.|
**Season Passes with Skitube include NPWS entry fees from Bullocks Flat.
SKITUBE It is the resort’s convenient means of traveling from one village to the next. A train ride mostly underground covering a distance of 8.5km starting at Bullocks Flat up to Blue Cow. Train fare ranges from $24 to $258. CAR PARKING There is limited overnight parking at Perisher Valley and Smiggin Holes. LIFTS There are no less than 47 lifts available within the entire resort. Within an hour 51,305 skiers can be accommodated.
Perisher is comprised of 4 villages namely Perisher Valley, Smiggin Holes, Guthega and Blue Cow which is why it is the largest ski resort in the Southern Australian area. There are so many facilities that offer different sorts of interests perfectly fitting for each family member in any season. The fun continues as the resort extends its visitors’ chances to ski on well-groomed terrains at night which could be an entirely different experience from day skiing and something you should not pass to try. The name Perisher comes from having harsh weather conditions during snowstorms that people going through the region before like graziers or passersby felt like it’s “truly a perisher.”The fun got multiplied three times more when the villages combined its resources in March 1995. There’s really only one way to enjoy all exciting events treasured up in this wide resort and that’s to free your appetite and surrender to it all. MyRide At Perisher, getting on ski lifts becomes more convenient with the integration of a new and innovative ticketing system called MyRide. Accessing all lifts within the resort is just a matter of scanning through your MyRide card on newly installed gates to get on any lift for the rest of your vacation stay. It can also be used to purchase online products at Perisher. Prices range for the card from $27 to $49.
WINTER FACTS Riding Terrain: 1,245ha Grading of Runs Beginner 22% Intermediate 60% Advanced 18% Average Snowfall: 1.9m Groomed Trails: 53.4ha
GET TO PERISHER
By Road Bringing snow chains is advisable for any type of vehicle during winter season. From major cities it can be just a few hours away: 1. Sydney (5.5 – 6 hours) 2. Melbourne (7 hours)
By Coach These services operate from major cities to Perisher:
1. Port Stephens Coaches – contact no. 02 4982 2940
2. Mojosnow – contact no. 1800 113 044
3. Alpine Express Transborder – contact no. 02 6241 0033
4. Snobus Snowscene Express – contact no. 07 3392 1722
5. Coastal Liner SnowStorm – contact no. 02 4392 3050
6. Snow Alliance – contact no. 1800 280 121
7. Snoexpress Services – contact no. 1800 642 112
8. Countrylink – contact no. 13 22 32
9. Greyhound Pioneer – contact no. 13 20 30
10. McCafferty’s – contact no. 02 6249 6006
11. Sid Fogg’s Coachlines – contact no. 1800 045 952
12. Murrays – contact no. 61 13 22 51
1. Aeropelican Air Service offers flight from Sydney and Newcastle to Snowy Mountains. Then there are shuttle services operating from the Airport to Perisher.
2. Qantas and Virgin Blue Airlines also offer flights from Sydney and other major Australian cities to Canberra Airport.
WHERE TO STAY
1. Lodges 2. Motels 3. Self Contained Apartments 4. Club Lodges 5. Chalets 6. YHA 7. 4 star Hotel 8. Bed and Breakfast
HOW TO BE SAFE
SAFETY Perisher ski patrollers consist of 30 official full time patrollers and over 150 volunteer patrollers to ensure everyone’s safety within the resort. They will be there to assist with your inquiries and are ready to help in cases of emergencies.
PROPER ATTIRE Proper winter attire should be followed to have an enjoyable and safe experience within the resort. It includes wearing: sunglasses or goggles, thermal underwear, skivvies and pants that are made out of warm waterproof and windproof clothing, sunscreen and lip balm, socks, beanie and neck warmers. Wearing a helmet while skiing or boarding is highly recommended and sometimes mandatory.
- 2 Churches
- Gift Shops
- Locker Hire for Skis, Boots, etc.
- Medical Centre
- Police Station
- Post Office
- Real Estate
- Ski Hire and Repair Outlets
- Snowy Day Care
RESTAURANT Expect the best from the many high-ended restaurants within the resort. Apart from the terrain and numerous activities, you can heartily dig in on the different meal experiences mostly offering authentic Australian Alpine cuisine. A la carte, table d’hote, and fine dining as well as a children’s menu can be found for a memorable family dining experience .
CAFES & KIOSKS Light or heavy meals in the form of pizza, sandwiches, burgers, salads, pastries, muffins and other snacks paired with excellent coffee or other tempting hot drinks are available at the many cafes and kiosks in the resort. There are different types of food to choose from such as home-cooked meals to Turkish cuisine to Japanese sushi and many others.
BAR The fun doesn’t stop at the ski area. Mixed alcoholic beverages, live music and entertainment such as comedy nights or guest DJ’s are only some of the usual events taking place in a number of bars within the resort. A more casual atmosphere though can be found in other bars that offer pool tables, dart boards or other gaming facilities to while away a relaxing but still fun night.
SNOW SPORTS SCHOOL
1. First Time Skiers and Boarders (For Children and Adults) Price range: $88 – $635
2. Lift and Lesson Skiers and Boards (For Children and Adults) Price range: $88 – $755
3. Adventure Kids (For 5 to 7 yrs) Price range: $136 – $642
4. Private Lessons (For 5 to 7 yrs) Price: $108 per hour
5. Discovery Kids (For 3 & 4 yrs) Price range: $78 – $578
6. Private Lessons Price range: $145 – $645
7. Race Private Lessons Price range: $216 – $665
8. Telemark Lessons
9. Perisher Instructor Academy Price: $1425
1. Chairlift Ride Like a long horizontal Ferris wheel ride, it allows one of the best ways to sightsee the resort. Prices for the ride range from $18 to $226.
2. Cross-country Skiing Enjoy the beautiful Perisher snow at its fullest by setting out a course of walking, skiing and gliding across the many groomed loops of cross country trails along the colorful path of winding snow gums within the resort.
3. Ice Skating There’s a new “Super Glide” rink at Smiggin Holes that’s a great fun for all ages.
4. Snowshoeing A simple enough activity that doesn’t include much learning or concentration, because it simply involves walking. A pleasant way to discover the resort’s unique wilderness and wildlife, at your own pace.
5. Snow Groomer Ride It is worth an hour’s tour alongside three other people on one of Perisher’s $450,000 snow grooming vehicles to get a hands-on experience on what it’s like to make perfectly groomed terrains.
6. Snow Tube Park A different kind of fun, it uses an inflatable tube as a means to slide or race down especially groomed lanes, of which if done with friends or family could bring out each member’s competitive edge and be irresistibly memorable. It’s a lot of fun but also quite safe. Prices for the ride range at $6 to $55.
7. Telemark Skiing Experienced instructors teach the joys and challenge of Freeheel skiing which is another great way to freely explore all of Perisher resort.